Information on personal data processing in connction with recruitment
This information explains how PostNord and its group companies (“PostNord”, “we”/”us”) process your personal data in connection with recruitment. It is important for us that you feel secure when we process your personal data. We therefore explain below how we process your personal data and what rights you have in connection with such processing.
PostNord A/S, Hedegaardsvej 88, 2300 København SV is the data controller for the processing carried out by or on our behalf. This means that we determine the purposes (i.e. why) and the means (i.e. how) of the processing of your personal data. If you have any questions or would like to know more about our processing, please contact us via the following contact details email@example.com.
What personal data do we process about you?
When you apply for a job with us or make a registration of interest/spontaneous application, we process the following data during our recruitment process:
- Name and contact details
- CV and personal statement
- Certificates from past and/or current employers, grades from education and any other certificates/licences, such as driver’s license, to the extent they are relevant to the job
- Contact details for references and information/statements provided by references
- Notes from the interview and other correspondence during the recruitment process
- Results from any tests and background checks to the extent they are relevant to the job
- Image (if this is part of your application or you upload it in our recruitment tool)
- LinkedIn profile (if you choose to apply for the job through your LinkedIn profile)
If you have any questions about what the recruitment procedure looks like for the particular job you are seeking (and thus what data will be processed, whether any tests will be performed, etc.), you are welcome to contact the recruiter responsible (if such information is not in the advert, you can contact us via the details above).
For what purposes do we porcess your personal data?
Your data are processed for recruitment purposes.
If you have an interesting and suitable profile, we will call you for an interview, and for some jobs a personality test is carried out to see how you would fit into our organisation. For those services that require certain experience or knowledge, we may also ask you to take a knowledge test to ensure that you have the skills we require.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
We process your data based on a legitimate interest. This means that we have a legitimate interest in processing your data for a specific purpose (recruitment) and the processing is not deemed to infringe your privacy.
Disclosure of personal data
PostNord is restrictive in disclosing your personal data. Companies outside the PostNord Group of Companies may, however, have access to the personal data in connection with the provision of services to us, e.g. recruitment consultants or during the administration or support of our IT systems. One such example is the company that supplies our recruitment tool. Through agreements with these companies, we ensure a high level of protection of your personal data is maintained.
If such a company is located outside the EU/EEA, we will take special security measures, such as signing data transfer agreements that include the standardised model clauses for data transfer adopted by the EU Commission and which are available on the EU Commission’s website.
We may also disclose your personal data to public authorities, for example the Swedish Tax Agency, or if we are otherwise obliged to disclose data by law or public authority decision. We also share data within the Group for recruitment purposes. If we would disclose the data to any party other than those described here, we will inform you about it in the job advertisement or similar.
Your rights and choices
When we process your personal data, you have, under certain circumstances, specific rights. These are:
- Right to access (register transcript), i.e. the right to obtain confirmation of and information about the processing of your personal data and a copy of the personal data we process about you
- Right to rectification (the right to have erroneous data rectified) and erasure of data
- Right to data portability, i.e. the right to request that personal data are transferred from us to another company
- Right to revoke your consent (in the event any processing during the recruitment process is done on the basis of consent) - although note that the revocation does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of consent before such consent was revoked
- Right to request restrictions on our processing or object to our processing
- Right to lodge a complaint with the public authorities if you believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with law
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, or know more about any of them, and the conditions for exercising the rights, please contact us via the contact details above.