Proof of delivery—Registered letters and Letters with Return ReceiptIf you need to send important documents or valuable contents, we have two solutions for Business Customers.
NB The printed label for Registered Letters and the physical notification card for a Certificate of Delivery is being phased out on 1 June 2023. Read here about the digital solutions for Registered Letters and Certificates of Delivery, and how to get started.
Letters with Return Receipt
- We’ll deliver the letter to the recipient’s mailbox and send the return receipt with information of delivery to you via email. Then you have proof that the letter has been delivered to the address.
- Can only be sent to recipients in Denmark
- Next workday delivery
NB Public judicial bodies and private authorized complaints and appeals boards can use Proclaim return receipt (Postforkyndelse). Read more about Proclaim return receipt here.
- Consignments must be signed for by the recipient.
- Registered Letters can be sent to Denmark and worldwide.
- You will receive compensation in case of damage or loss corresponding to the value of the content up to a maximum of DKK 1,050 for consignments within Denmark and DKK 278 for consignments sent abroad.
If you want to send a parcel containing items of a higher value, you can use the supplementary Insured Items service. Read more here.
- Delivery time to Denmark: Choose between next workday with Registered Quick Letters or up to 5 workdays with Registered Letters.
- Delivery time abroad: 4–6 workdays to the Nordic region and the EU, 5–15 workdays to the rest of the world.
- For countries outside the EU, you will be asked to provide customs information to be printed on the address label.
- Some countries don’t allow you to send coins, gold, silver, traveler’s checks or other goods of larger value. See the guidelines for the county you are shipping to at the end of the page.
- You may not send anything that is classified as dangerous goods. Read more about dangerous goods.
How to get started
- Create labels for Registered Letters and Certificates of Delivery in the Customer Portal under “Purchase Postage” with sender and recipient information, which you print and put on the front of your letters. Log in or create a profile for your company here.
- If your company uses a distribution system for parcels, you can create labels for Registered Letters and Proof of Postage in the same way. Read more here.
- If you print on A4 paper, you can fold the paper and put it in a PostNord plastic pocket that is then stuck to the letter. Order plastic pockets here.
- Hand your letters to post office staff who will then scan them. Find the nearest post office where you can drop off Registered Letters and Proof of Postage.
- You can also hand in Registered Letters and Proof of Postage at Business Drop-offs. See overview of Business Drop-offs here.
When shipping internationally, there are often certain things to be aware of. Choose which country you are sending to.
You can find country specific information below (in Danish).
Prices and minimum/maximum sizes
See size chart below.