Registered MailWhen you send important documents or small commercial items using registered mail, the item must be signed for by the recipient.
Send important documents and letters with valuable content safely and with tracking – to destinations in both Denmark and abroad
Do you want to send important documents or small commercial items within Denmark or abroad? When you use Registered Mail, the item must be signed for by the recipient and it can be tracked the whole way.
Benefits with Registered Mail
The letter always has to be signed for upon receipt.
In Denmark and abroad.
You decide how quickly you want the letter to be delivered.
Registered Mail is delivered within 5 working days in Denmark and can be sent to destinations in both Denmark and abroad. You can also send such mail as Quickbreve letters to recipients in Denmark if you want them to be delivered on the first working day after being posted.
In Denmark, registered letters have to be signed for by the recipient.
Pay for postage online
You can pay for the postage for registered mail online. For this, you buy an address label in Online Porto, which you then print out and put on the letter. The postage is included.
Advantages of buying postage online:
- The price is lower when you buy online.
- Easy administration when registering the sender and recipient.
- Printing of address label (as with parcels).
- Possibility of electronic confirmation for posting the item to PostNord (replaces postal receipt/special receipt).
- Possibility of notifying the recipient that a registered letter is on its way.
Can I send whatever I want?
You can send anything, with the following exceptions:
- The value of the contents should not exceed DKK 1,050 per letter if the letter is sent within Denmark or DKK 278 per letter if sent abroad. If the contents disappear or are damaged, the compensation covers the value up to these maximum amounts.
- Some countries do not allow coins, gold, silver, traveler’s checks or other goods of such value to be sent. The rules in the country to which you want to send items are available in the country facts bar (ind Danish).
- You may not send anything that is classified as dangerous goods. See more information about dangerous goods.
How do I send the letter?
- If you are a private customer, you can hand in your registered letter at the post office. If you have not purchased the postage online, your letter will be labeled with a barcode that you can use to track it. When handing in the letter, you can obtain a receipt, on which you fill in the sender and the recipient. These are then confirmed by us.
- If you are a business customer, you can hand in the letter with a shipping document at your nearest letter terminal.
Do you want to track your shipment?
If you have your shipping reference number, you can easily track your item of mail. The shipping reference number is stated on the receipt you received when you handed in the letter for mailing.
You can see when your registered letter has left Denmark. When you send something abroad, you can also see when the consignment has reached the destination country and been delivered to the recipient. Please see the country facts bar for more information (in Danish).
Quickbreve Business is more expensive than Letters Business, but the letters arrive sooner – on the first working day after being posted.More about Quickbreve Business
If you want to send valuable items such as gold, silver, coins, banknotes or securities, you can do this safely using the Værdiforsendelse (Value Consignment) service.More about Valuable items
You send a data file, and PostNord handles and delivers the documents directly to the recipient’s e-Boks.More about Digital letter